Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Play to Your Strengths

I am a pretty organized person. I like things that way. With organization being one of my strengths, I manage our household. My husband has average organizing skills. He does fine in the everyday, but is happy to delegate the household management to me because he realizes it one of my strong points.

There is one organizing task that he does far better than me. It is packing the car for a trip. I don’t know why. I am a very visual and space oriented person, so it amazes me that I can’t pack the trunk with the same ease that I can pack the dishwasher.

Packing the car is one task that I gladly delegate to him. I make sure everything makes it to the car, and then I step back and let him do his thing. It amazes me every time. He manages to get everything in with ease.

It’s nice to know that that responsibility is his and I don’t worry about it. That’s why I say, play to your strengths! Do what you are good at and delegate the things that frustrate you or trip you up. By delegating the packing of the trunk I can start a trip out feeling great and with all my stuff packed nicely in the trunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment